Trans Julius - mountain biking adventures
The Trans Julius team organizes guided mountain biking tours along Tržič area single track trails, enhanced by breaks for delicious local cuisine on the pastures beneath the peaks of the Karawanks. Local mountain biking guides are also qualified for teaching new skills, and will show you the most beautiful corners of pristine nature to be found in Slovenia's longest mountain range.
- 1 / 8 Trans Julius - mountain biking adventures
- 2 / 8 Trans Julius - mountain bik...
- 3 / 8 Trans Julius - mountain bik...
- 4 / 8 Trans Julius - mountain bik...
- 5 / 8 Trans Julius - mountain bik...
Mountain biking tours are designed based on your preferences regarding the time available (half-day, full-day, or multi-day tours), level of difficulty (XC, enduro - flow or technically demanding single track) and the type of mountain bike you want for exploring the dragon's nest under the Karawanks.
Families, beginners or experienced mountain bikers can enjoy our tours in small groups led by local guides from the Trans Julius team. For those of you who want to spend more time on downhill single track descents or families whose younger members can manage the descents but find the climbs too difficult, we can also arrange transportation with our four-wheeler Miss TJ Lady.
You can select from among the following options:
- mountain biking in cross-country and enduro disciplines (flow or technically demanding single tracks) and learning new skills and abilities on the bike;
- individual or group guided tours, self-guided tours (with the help of programs and GPX tracks);
- half-day, full-day or multi-day guided tours;
- connecting tours to other places in the Karawanks region. where you can also ride along the Trans Karavanke MTB Trail.
All tours include stops at well-known providers of local cuisine that will not only replenish your depleted stores of energy but also inspire you to return to the dragon's nest for another energizing dose of fresh air and feeling good.
Servicing and washing of bikes is possible on guided tours.
Guided tours can be arranged anytime there is no snow cover - usually from early spring to late autumn.
- Trans Karavanke MTB Trail
- K41 - Bistrica pasture - Ravne
- K43 - Dobrča
- K11 - Mountain pastures below Košuta
- K17 - Traverse of Košuta
- K24 - Across Tič pasture on Konjščica
- K31 - Across Bistriška pasture towards Dobrča
- K36 - Zelenica - Border Patrol Trail
- K37 - Around Begunjščica: Preval, Zelenica
- K42 - The Rosary Trail by bike
- K51 - Udin Woods - by bike along the edge and then boldly across