Tržič Alpine Trail: Trekking for active hikers
Experience a multi-day mountain adventure in the heart of the Karawanks along a loop trail connecting the summits above Tržič. A mountain trek from hut to hut and summit to summit offers personal satisfaction, beautiful mountain scenery and spectacular views. The route can be completed with or without a guide, and the length and difficulty are tailored to your preferences and experience.
- 1 / 11 Tržič Alpine Trail: Trekking for active hikers
- 2 / 11 The ridge of Ljubeljščica (...
- 3 / 11 The mysterious Storžič (Che...
- 4 / 11 Spodnji Plot via ferrata on...
- 5 / 11 Zelenica Mountain Hostel 15...
Take some time and do the whole trip in one piece, which will take five days at a moderate walking pace (6-8 hours of walking per day). You'll cover 60 km of beautiful trails and more than 7000 metres of elevation. The Tržič Alpine Trail, also called T24, is the most challenging mountain marathon in Slovenia for mountain trail runners, the fastest of whom complete it in less than 24 hours. But we will not be in a hurry and we will take the time to enjoy the quiet forests, the blooming meadows, and the scenic rocky summits.
You can also complete the trail in shorter segments or choose to do just part of the route (hiking trips from 2 to 6 days).
Along the way you will summit well-known and popular peaks of the Karawanks and Kamnik-Savinja Alps that rise above Tržič: Dobrča, Begunjščica, Vrtača, Veliki Vrh, Kladivo, Košutnik Tower, Stegovnik, Ženiklovec, Storžič, Tolsti Vrh, Kriška Gora.
We will rest and take refreshment in the many widely known and welcoming mountain huts and hostels, and spend the night in some of them: Dobrča Hut, Roblek Hostel, Zelenica Hostel, Ljubelj Hut, Korošica Mountain Dairy, Kofce Hostel, Šija Scouts Hut, mountain dairies beneath Košuta - Šija, Pungrat, Tegoška pasture and Dolga Njiva, Storžič Hostel, Kriška Gora Hut.
Along the way we will visit many Tržič attractions and learn about the hidden features of the locality and its inhabitants: the Dovžan Gorge, Tominc and Stegovnik Waterfalls, the Spodnji Plot protected climbing route and via ferrata, the 500-year-old Church of St. Anne on Ljubelj, St. Anne Mine in Podljubelj, and the collection of hunting trophies all await your discovery.
- transportation from Tržič to the starting point,
- accompaniment by a mountain guide or self-guided trekking,
- suitable route plan tailored to the individual, with all reservations and necessary information for the route,
- arrangement of half-board in mountain huts and dairies along the route,
- authentic home-made meals at mountain dairies and huts,
- spectacular views from mountain peaks and a warm welcome in local huts,
- transportation of drivers back to the parking area and parked vehicles at the conclusion of the route or stage,
- loan of climbing equipment required for the via ferrata.
- minimum number of persons: 2,
- appropriate mental and physical preparation and mountaineering experience.
- in mountain huts, dairies and shelters along the Tržič Alpine Trail – depending on the route selected and its length.
The package is available from 1 July to 31 October 2020.
from 175.00 EUR / person
Optional (for an additional charge):
- mountain biking adventure – Hike & Bike (or e-Bike) combination,
- transport of equipment between huts and supply along the route,
- loan of required mountaineering equipment,
- intermediate stop and overnight in the valley (apartment/room or camp),
- ascent along the Zelenica protected climbing route and via ferrata,
- guided tour of St. Anne Mine,
- arrangement of membership in the Alpine Association of Slovenia or insurance.
- for 3 or more persons,
- self-guided variant,
- for members of mountaineering clubs (Alpine Association of Slovenia or foreign mountaineering organizations)
- tourist vouchers can be applied to the costs.