Tržič Alpine Trail: Košuta for the adventurous
Experience a challenging and thrilling mountaineering adventure on Košuta - the most imposing mountain massif in the central part of the Karawanks. Climb the highest mountain in the Tržič region along a very difficult route from the north, and the next day cross the jagged, sharp 10-kilometre mountain ridge all the way to Veliki Vrh.
- 1 / 10 Tržič Alpine Trail: Košuta for the adventurous
- 2 / 10 The ridge of Košuta (Chera ...
- 3 / 10 Cjajnik via ferrata (Chera ...
- 4 / 10 Cjajnik via ferrata - the s...
- 5 / 10 Along the ridge of Košuta (...
Transportation from Tržič across Ljubelj to the mountain village of Sele (Zell) and the starting point at Košuta Mountain Hut (Koschutahaus) at 1280 m, with an ascent by way of a a difficult protected climbing route (via ferrata) to:
- Košutnik Tower 2133 m, following the ÖTK Steig route, an attractive via ferrata with beautiful panoramic views and a spectacular hanging bridge (difficult protected climbing route, C difficulty,3 hours)
- Cjajnik 1965 m, a nice exposed via ferrata with some very difficult sections (very difficult protected climbing route, C/D difficulty, 4.5 hours)
From Košutnik Tower we will descend to Dolga Njiva (1400 m), spending the night at Dolga Njiva Mountain Dairy.
Ascent along an unmarked trail to the ridge of Košuta, followed by a traverse of the ridge along a marked hiking trail towards Veliki Vrh 2088 m (Macesje–Tegoška Gora–Škrbina–Kladivo–Veliki Vrh, 7 hours). Descent by way of Šija and Kofce to Podljubelj Valley.
- free parking, transportation from Tržič to the starting point (50 km),
- accompaniment by a mountain guide on the difficult climbing routes (2 days),
- 1 x full pension at Dolga Njiva Mountain Dairy,
- 1 x lunch at a mountain hut,
- authentic home-made meals at mountain dairies and huts,
- spectacular views along the mountain ridge of Košuta,
- transportation of drivers back to the parking area and parked vehicles,
- loan of climbing equipment required for the via ferrata.
- minimum number of persons: 2,
- minimum age: 18,
- appropriate mental and physical preparation and mountaineering experience,
- membership in an alpine club (Alpine Association of Slovenia) or suitable international mountain rescue insurance.
Dolga Njiva Mountain Dairy
Jelendol 35, 4290 Tržič
The package is available from 1 July to 30 September 2020.
199.00 EUR / person
Optional (for an additional charge):
- mountain biking adventure – Hike & Bike (or e-Bike) combination,
- extension of the trip with an ascent of Storžič 2132 m (3-day tour),
- arrangement of membership in the Alpine Association of Slovenia or insurance.
- for 3 or more persons,
- if the variant of an ascent of Košutnik Tower from the south is selected (easier route).