Tržič Alpine Trail: Košuta for families
Experience an active summer vacation high above Tržič - in the mountains and mountain huts beneath the walls of the longest Slovenian mountain ridge - Košuta. We provide mountaineering holidays for the whole family: spend the night in a hayloft, observe and meet a variety of domestic animals, take a safe and pleasant mountain hike every day and enjoy the mountain environment with your family. In the company of a local mountain guide, you will walk the most beautiful part of the Tržič Alpine Trail from Dolga Njiva to Kofce over three days.
- 1 / 10 Tržič Alpine Trail: Košuta for families
- 2 / 10 Forest berries (Chera Hiking)
- 3 / 10 Hooray! We made it! (Chera ...
- 4 / 10 Livestock grazing on mounta...
- 5 / 10 Exploring and having fun ou...
- a walk along the Dovžan Gorge Scenic Educational Trail and a visit to Stegovnik Waterfall,
- ascent to the mountain pasture of Dolga Njiva along the "Herders' Path" (30 min) and an afternoon hike (accompanied by a mountain guide, up to 2 hours of easy walking),
- overnight in the hayloft at Dolga Njiva Mountain Dairy (1400 m).
- mountain hike Dolga Njiva – Tegoška pasture – Pungrat pasture – Šija pasture accompanied by a mountain guide, with stops at mountain huts and dairies (easy mountain hiking, 4 hours),
- afternoon activities, and
- overnight at Šija Scouts Hut (1528 m).
- ascent by way of "Snake Path" to Križ (1.5 hours),
- descent to Kofce Mountain Hostel (sweet dumplings),
- descent to Podljubelj Valley (1.5 hours) past Matizovec Farm (viewing hunting trophies),
- visit to Tominc Waterfall and relaxation/recreation (children's playground, facilities for football, volleyball, basketball, and outdoor exercising) at Camp Podljubelj,
- transportation of drivers to the parking area at the start of the tour on the first day.
- mountain guide on hikes (3 days, up to 6 hours pe day),
- 2 x full pension in a mountain hut or dairy (1 x Dolga Njiva, 1 x Šija),
- authentic home-made meals at mountain dairies and huts,
- guided walk through the Dovžan Gorge and visits to Stegovnik and Tominc Waterfalls,
- mini zoo with farm animals, "Eagle Trail",
- spectacular views along the mountain ridge of Košuta,
- sleeping in a hayloft – a unique experience,
- transportation of drivers back to the starting point and parked vehicles.
- minimum number of persons: 3,
- minimum age of children: 6 years (younger if they are in good hiking condition).
Dolga Njiva Mountain Dairy
Jelendol 35, 4290 Tržič
Šija Scouts Hut
Jelendol 31, 4290 Tržič
The package is available from 1 July to 15 September 2020.
175.00 EUR / person
Optional (for an additional charge):
- guided tour of St. Anne Mine,
- more challenging ascent with a mountain guide – two-thousanders along the Košuta ridge (Košutnik Tower 2133 m, Kladivo 2094 m or Veliki Vrh 2088 m),
- transportation of all participants, transport of additional equipment from hut to hut,
- climbing on an artificial climbing wall, scouting activities.
- discount for 4 or more persons,
- discount for children under 15,
- possible shorter variants (2 days).
You can also take your dog along with you (no extra charge).