Dobrča Mountain Hut
Above the hilly Ljubljana Basin, between Tržič and Begunje na Gorenjskem, rises the scenic mountain of Dobrča, 1634 m high, with a mountain hut located somewhat lower. There is a choice of several marked trails to the summit, which lead for the most part from the foothill villages of Brezje pri Tržiču, Hudi Graben and Srednja Vas. The views of the valley below, which you can enjoy from a food-laden table, are breathtaking.
- 1 / 8 Dobrča Mountain Hut
- 2 / 8 The hut gets many visitors ...
- 3 / 8 Children's playground for r...
- 4 / 8 Postcard
- 5 / 8 Carnations adorn the hut
The hut is located at the edge of the steep southern slope of Dobrča, from where there is a magnificent panoramic view to the east of Kriška Gora, Storžič, and the more distant Kamnik-Savinja Alps. Towards the south the view extends far past the Ljubljana Basin and Jelovica, and to the west Lake Bled shines below the Julian Alps. And what is hiding to the north? You'll find that answer from the summit of Dobrča.
There's truly no need to leave the hut hungry since you will surely find something to your taste from among our varied menu. There are always at least three different one-pot meals on offer, along with buckwheat porridge, sauerkraut, sausages, blood sausages, roast pork ribs, cheese dumplings and apple strudel, and during the grazing season also sour milk.
- inside: 40 persons
- outside 60 persons
- 6 rooms with a total of 22 bedsi
- children's playground
- from 15 June to 15 September: nonstop
- off season: weekends and holidays
- access for the disabled or persons in poor health is possible through prior arrangement with the host
- for reasons of hygiene, pets are not allowed in the restaurant
Shall we go even higher?
You can reach the summit of Dobrča in half an hour; for the more ambitious hiker there is a rugged marked hiking trail to the mountain pasture of Preval and by way of the grassy southern slopes to the top of Begunjščica.