Mountain pastures below Košuta
The mountain pastures below Košuta are connected by an easy marked hiking trail that runs along the foot of Košuta, the longest Slovenian mountain, right where the steep grassy slopes start to level out and gradually give way to woodland.
- 1 / 31 Mountain pastures below Košuta
- 2 / 31 Born Mansion in Jelendol
- 3 / 31 Kofce Mountain Hostel
- 4 / 31 Mountain dairy and hostel o...
- 5 / 31 View of Kofce Mountain, wit...
From Tržič drive through the Dovžan Gorge and Dolina. Park in Jelendol at the former Born Mansion.
Below Slovenia's longest mountain Košuta, in the summer months from 15 June to 15 September, 5 dairy pastures are still active. In addition, there are mountain hostels on Kofce and Šija, which are also open outside the summer months on weekends and holidays.
If you set out to visit the pastures below Košuta with young children, choose the shortest route. You can start at the Matizovec farm above Podljubelj or below the wayside shrine beneath Kofce. Walk across Kofce to Pungrat. If you go beyond that point, to the pasture Spodnja Dolga Njiva, you will need to organize transport back to your starting point.
- Karawanks-central part 1:50 000, PZS
- Storžič - Košuta 1:25 000, PZS