Ljubelj Mountain Hut
At the top of the steepest road pass in Europe, at an elevation of 1369 meters, lies the renovated Ljubelj Mountain Hut, which offers hikers, sledders, and mountain bikes tasty homemade dishes.
- 1 / 7 Ljubelj Mountain Hut
- 2 / 7 Miza je pripravljena za goste.
- 3 / 7 Po uri hoje se nam po zadnj...
- 4 / 7 Zimska idila za kočo.
- 5 / 7 Veliki vrh.
The hut can be reached on foot or by mountain bike. As a monument of local significance, the old Ljubelj road is closed to motorized traffic.
The hut serves homemade soups and stews, cheese dumplings, and tasty cold cuts.
- reservations possible for organized groups
- open from Wednesday to Sunday and on holidays (closed Monday and Tuesday)
- access to the hostel is possible only on foot or by bike
To Ljubelj and beyond
From Ljubelj Hut there are trails leading to Košutica (1968 m) and Povna Peč (1503 m), and there is an unmarked path of high difficulty along the ridge of Ljubeljščica to Zelenica.
Don't forget to bring sleds in winter
Ljubelj Pass is well known to those who love sledding. Due to the steepness of the sledding area it is recommended only for the more experienced. Be sure to check the avalanche hazard forecast before you go.