Hop-on & Discover
Discover the sights and learn about local stories in the company of a local guide every day of the week in July and August. Discover the unique cultural heritage and immerse yourself in the magic of breathtaking natural attractions. Discover fascinating places and their attractions on half-day summer excursions.
- 1 / 20 Hop-on & Discover
- 2 / 20 Hop-on Hop-off tourist bus
- 3 / 20 Hop-on Hop-off tourist bus
- 4 / 20 Hop-on Hop-off tourist bus
- 5 / 20 Hop-on Hop-off tourist bus
Join half-day guided tours where you will visit and explore inspiring places in the Gorenjska region. Most excursions start in Bled, but the tourist bus also picks up guests at all major camps and at selected bus stations in Lesce and Radovljica.
Each day of ther week in the morning you can discover fascinating places and natural attractions in the vicinity of Bled: Radovljica, Begunje, Kropa, Tržič, Jesenice, and one day a week you can explore Bled with a local guide.
the unique dovžan gorge and the town of Tržič
Every MONDAY: Bled - Dovžan Gorge - Tržič - Bled
On a walk through the picturesque Dovžan Gorge, a local guide will reveal its exceptional geological history. You will continue with a tour of the old town centre of Tržič lower in the valley, which has a rich crafts tradition.
The trip begins in the Dovžan Gorge – a picturesque valley with an exceptional geological history where a local guide will reveal to you a wonderful story of unusual living creatures and changing environments in the distant geological past.
Full of new insights, you will travel to the old town centre of Tržič. There you will find the dragon from the rooster's egg, which according to legend is responsible for the creation of today's Tržič. In addition to this legend, in the company of a local guide you will also hear stories about shoemakers, sockmakers, tanners, dyers and smiths who made use of the hydropower of the Mošenik and Tržiška Bistrica rivers to ply their trades as well as the proximity of a lively trade route through Ljubelj in a thriving crafts town.
Along the way visit:
- The Tržič Museum, where after paying admission you can view the interactive exhibition of trades and the Slovenian Skiing Museum;
- Kurnik House, the oldest house in the town, where you can try your hand at baking Tržič flike;
- Dr. Tone Pretnar Memorial Room
- Mebron Foundry
- Tekec Nativity Scene
PODLJUBELJ valley with the mine and labour camp
Every FRIDAY: Bled - St. Anne Mine - Ljubelj - Bled
Visit the former mercury mine near Tržič and the memorial park of the former concentration camp at Ljublelj.
You will travel by bus to the hamlet of Lajb, where where a five-kilometre, fully preserved tunnel system for the former mercury mine (St. Anne Mine) lies hidden below the surface of the southeastern slope of Begunjščica. A local guide who will tell you the history of mining, life today in the mine, and the creation of karst phenomena as you walk through part of Anton's Shaft in the fifth horizon.
From there a short bus ride will take you to the site of the Ljubelj/Mauthausen concentration camp where prisoners from 15 European nations were held from 1943 to 1945, and put to work building the Ljubelj tunnel for the German Reich. Walk around the memorial park with your guide and view the remains of the camp barracks, other buildings, and the crematorium past the monument "J'accuse".
Along the way you can also visit:
- The exhibition Ljubelj/ Mauthausen 1943-45
Price of a half-day trip: €25 per person, children under 10 free.
The price includes transportation by bus, guiding on the bus and at the attractions in the itinerary, organization of the excursion, VAT.
The price does not include admission to museums unless otherwise specified.
Half-day bus excursions are free for holders of the cards Julian Alps: Radovljica and Julian Alps: Bled.
For more information stop by the tourist information centre in your area or at the reception of your accommodation provider.
did you know that:
- in the 2021 tourism season the Hop-On Hop-Off bus was turned into guided half-day excursions?
- tourists on the bus visit attractions that are only rarely accesible to other visitors?
- the local guide will present points of interest and special features of the places you visit?
- a different excursion is on offer every day of the week?
- the majority of excursions are organized so that you can take some time to enjoy local cuisine or explore additional attractions independently?