Hop-on Hop-off tourist bus
Each Friday in July and August, a special Hop-On Hop-Off tourist bus takes visitors to discover the Tržič area. Locals will show you museums and attractions and tell you stories of the dragon's town of the enterprising and the skilled.
- 1 / 8 Hop-on Hop-off tourist bus
- 2 / 8 Hop-On Hop-Off experience 2...
- 3 / 8 Discover Tržič with local g...
- 4 / 8 The dragon from rooster's e...
- 5 / 8 Dragon's town of the enterp...
Discover the rich cultural heritage and immerse yourself in the magic of breathtaking jewels of nature.
Every Friday in July and August, €8 per person, no charge for children under 10;
The price of a daily bus ticket (Bled – camp Šobec – Radovljica – Begunje – Tržič – Čadovlje (Dovžan Gorge) – Radovljica – Bled) is €8. Children under 10 ride free. No charge if the Bled or Radovljica Julian Alps card is presented. Tickets are purchased on the bus. The price of the bus ticket does not include entrance fees to museums and workshops.
Did you know that:
• tourists that ride on the Hop-On Hop-Off bus get to see sights that other visitors rarely visit?
• you pay just once for a daily ticket (8.00 EUR) and can hop on and hop off as many times as you want?
• children up to 10 years old can ride free?
• local guides are available to give tours of places along the route?
• the guide on the bus will also point out things of interest and make suggestions to further enhance your enjoyment of the trip?
Sights of Interest Along the Way
Dragon's town of the enterprising and the skilled. The old town of Tržič is interesting due to the people who lived in and to its architectural characteristics.
Baking the special local bread called 'flika' with sour cream and cumin, and tasting of foods from 'pork heaven' in Kurnik House (Kurnikova pot 2, Tržič), the oldest house in town.
The local museum, which presents the once extremely highly developed trades and crafts that were the livelihood of many Tržič residents, is located in the intriguing ambience of the former tannery and blueprint factory. Listen to songs and testimonials, breathe in the smells of a leather workshop, test the old shoemaker’s lamp, try on unusual shoes from old times, touch yarn, feed a dragon ... The past is presented in new exhibitions of leather, shoemaking, sockmaking, textiles, dyeing and at the Slovenian skiing museum, so that you will surely have fun while learning.
The picturesque valley is Tržič’s geological treasure chest where every rock contributes its part to the story of the seas, reefs, shores, and colourful deserts that once existed in this place.
Brezje pri Tržiču - the starting point for trails to mountain pastures
- Hiking trails: Bistriška planina mountain pasture (easy forest trail, 1 hour).
- Dobrča (easy hiking trail, 3 hours).